How well do you know your average pace per mile? If asked, could you calculate your time to complete a specific distance, regardless of the weather conditions, terrain, elevation profiles, or the help of your trusty GPS watch? If so, you may have an advantage at the inaugural Shot in the Dark prediction run!
This race isn’t determined by how fast you are, but how well you know your running! Upon registration, runners must predict how long it will take to run a 6-km out-and-back run on the American Tobacco Trail. Whoever finishes closest to their predicted time, wins! Grab your headlamp and leave your watch at home.
It’s time for you to take a Shot in the Dark!
Race Date: Saturday, August 26th, 2017 @ 7:30 pm
Details: 6-km on the American Tobacco Trail
Parking: Parking is very limited, so please carpool! Runners and volunteers will park at the New Hope Church Rd. parking lot of the American Tobacco Trail (for GPS directions to the parking area, click here).
· 05/27-8/24: $25
· Registration available at packet pick-up (8/25 Bull City Running Co.) and race day (8/26 at New Hope Church Rd parking area) if space remains.
Online registration will close Thursday, August 24th at 11:59pm. If there is still room in the race, in-store registration will be available during packet pick-up on Friday, August 25th from 4-6 pm and on race day at the start area from 6:15-7:15pm.
· Friday 08/25: 4-6pm @ Bull City Running Co.
· Saturday 08/25: 6:15-7:15pm @ ATT – New Hope Church Rd parking area
Rules: Watches/timing devices of any kind are not allowed. Runners are required to bring their own lighting (i.e. headlamp or flashlight). The trail is not lit and it will be getting dark as the race comes to an end.
· Top 10 (closest to their predicted time) will receive a prize!
· *NEW AWARD CATEGORY!** Team Prize: the team with the lowest cumulative difference in overall predicted time will receive a special prize! Minimum of 3 members per team.
· Each runner to complete the race will receive a custom race glassware, yummy post run snacks and a FREE beer for those who are eligible!
Questions? Please email the race director!
Thanks to our awesome sponsors!